WHY ARE SIGNS IMPORTANT?
Signs are one of the most efficient and effective means of communication. Signs help people find you; they reach people who are passing by your establishment; they present an image of your business. In short, signs tell people who you are and what you are selling.
A sign is the most direct form of visual communication available.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A PROPER SIGN:
- A sign must be noticeable.
- A sign should have a clean and simple, but brief message.
- A sign must be readable. Review the letter visibility chart below for more details.
(For maximum Impact)
Maximum Distance in color would be RED or BLACK on WHITE Background,
5,280′ equals 1 mile.
- A sign must be legible, well designed and easy to read. For examples and more details,click here.
- A sign should use contrasting color combinations. Click here for color chart example.
- A sign should use no more than two different fonts. There are over 3,000 fonts available, but only a handful are usually used over and over in the sign business. Use a size and boldness to create diversity and interest.The most popular fonts utilized for sign designs are: